To have a happy and healthy life you will need to know how to look after yourself , when you have a rare health condition it’s even more important!
The knowledge and skills you may develop are:
- Understanding how daily exercise can improve our wellbeing.
- Understanding the importance of healthy eating.
- Understanding that a healthy lifestyle contributes to emotional and social wellbeing.
- Learning about the importance of regular dental check-ups.
- Learning about the effects of smoking, alcohol, and substance misuse.
- Learning about puberty and growth.
- Managing your periods.
- Managing sleep and knowing how to deal with tiredness or fatigue.
- Understanding sexual health (Inc. safe sex practices).
- How to access sexual health services.
- Supporting you with your pregnancy.
- Understanding about good self-care.
- Taking part in household chores.
- Learning how to shop for food, how to make a snack/drink or a meal.
- How to seek support for mobility issues, aids, equipment and how to get around safely.